Thursday, October 30, 2008

A couple more phrases.

OMG!!! The Angriest Pharmacist posted a comment on my blog!!!! That's so cool. It's like....finding out your buddy used to have Bobby Orr as a hockey coach cause he was on the same team as his kid..... or like finding out that your mom's best friend that's always over at her house for tea used to shag Warren Beatty..... or like finding out that you are eating in the same restaurant that Ren & Matt were just at for a review. I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the moderately hot pharmacy ladies to head my way to bask in my internet awesomness.

Ok....just havin a laugh. But he did have a good post the other day that reminded me of two more phrases to add to my list.
http://www.theangriestpharmacist.com/2008/10/24/have-a-nice-day/

"Have a nice day" - Like TAestP I refused to use this one. I really didn't care if 90% of the people I rang through the cash actually had a "nice day" or if it was crap. There would be the occasional regular that I like that I'd say this to and mean it. But if I don't know your name without looking at your prescription.......or if I know your name because you've done your part to blacken my little corner of the world by being an asshole (funny how we remember these ones so vividly)....I'm not going to say it....just "thanks.....bye".

"How's it going?" I'll admit to using this one among friends or even coworkers. Sometimes I actually do care how it's going. And if they ask me....I might even say something other than "fine....how are you?"if that is actually the case. But when some person (store clerk or customer depending on which side of the counter I'm on) asks me.....I just say "Fine.....thanks" and leave it at that. It's actually pretty funny watching their brains completely malfunction from this variation on the script. About 1/3 of them still reply with their own "I'm good....thanks" and then look confused because they just realized they answered a question that was not asked. Most though have a little more self-control and just go straight to the confused face. I love that confused face.


So thanks for the material TAestP. I'll keep reading

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No phrase that I HATE is when you've been working at a place for a week and you make a comment about how boring it is or that you don't like the way a certain thing is done. Somebody will always seem to say "Welcome to (insert your company's name)" I get it. I was just making an observation. I don't feel that a re-introduction is honestly needed. Thank you.