Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My New Favourite TV Show

A few of my friends have come to know me as the guy they count on to introduce them to all kinds of crazy stuff that they maybe wouldn't have found on their own. Sure I'll take suggestions from my friends, but then I feed it through my very particular "Coolness Filter" and only pass the word if it meets my standards. This is unlike your Aunt that just got email and keeps forwarding you email after email of cats doing cute things, and "SUPER EMERGENCY DRUG RECALL WARNINGS" about PPA (which was pulled from the market in Canada about 8 years ago now).

So yeah. Past successes for me, in various mediums

  • The Ricky Gervais Show (podcasts)
  • Flight of the Conchords (The best Band/TV show/Radio Show out of NZ)
  • The World At War (The greatest WWII docu EVER)
  • Coupling (Via Matty - thanks....like Friends...but not shitty)

So yeah. I'm sure there are others. But those ones have been a hit with everyone I've shown them to. Now off to my newest find. It's called "No Heroics". It's a sitcom about a group of not very talented superheroes, mostly focusing on their down-time in the pub. It's a bit hard to describe, kinda like all super-cool awesome things. But seriously, check it out. I've been able to find most of the episodes on youtube (in parts) or BitTorrent (intact). It's currently in it's first run on ITV2 in England, and they've only committed to one season (6 episodes). Hopefully they make some more.




Lemme know what you think.

1 comment:

Pollywog said...

You are definitely the guy I count on to introduce me to all kinds of crazy stuff that I maybe wouldn't have found on my own. I finally watched the first 3 eps of No Heroics with Spencer - we were howling with laughter. Good choice once again!

PS I have one of those aunties too.