Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Notes from SDM

So just for the hell of it, and some extra spending cash, I worked a relief shift at SDM the other night. It was a nice slow sunday night, so it was pretty easy. Nothing really challenging came up except that I sold the last Plan-B in the store 5 minutes into the shift, and had to boot one woman out.

I guess most people would think throwing a woman out of a store is pretty interesting, so how bout a story kids?

Started out innocently enough, big african black lady (with these really cool patterned scars on her face and head) asks to use the phone. I told her there was a pay-phone in the mall but she said that was out of service. I had no way to check if that was bull-shit or not and we weren't busy so what the heck, I told her to make it quick and let her go ahead.

Well not more than 30 seconds into the call, she's shouting angrily at the person on the other end, and my other phone rings so I have to answer it and leave her up there shouting. I manage to get off my phone and she's still shouting so I go up to her and tell her to keep it down and she shushes me and puts her hand up in front of my face. Trying to take the high-ground I decide not to head-butt her and I told her loudly that she has exactly 1 minute to finish up.

I let a minute pass and then went up again and told her to say good-bye. She put her hand up in my face again so I hit the release button on the phone. She continued to shout at the person I'd hung up on, and then settled on shouting "hello, hello" into the phone. That's when I told her she'd have to leave the store.

Good times. Not too exciting, maybe for a better story I'll head-butt the person next time. Guess you'll have to keep reading to find out when that happens.



----------------
Now playing: The Doors - Ship Of Fools
via FoxyTunes

No comments: